Bring home up to a 1.51% APY* on top of already-free checking. Plus, get reimbursed for your ATM fees, not just in Minnesota — that's nationwide!* Reward Checking puts more of your cash back where in belongs, where you can spend it. Meet easy monthly qualifications and earn real rewards. It's simple. Check out the Rewards Checking Calculator.
Reward Checking Details:
- 1.51% APY* on balances up to $25,000 if requirements are met*
- 0.20% APY paid on balances above $25,000 if requirements are met*
- 0.10% APY* if requirements are not met
- Minimum balance to obtain APY is $.01
- Interest compounded monthly and credited monthly
- Automatically rebated ATM fees with no receipt required* (must meet Rewards Checking requirements)
- No monthly service charges
- Free Net Banking & Basic Bill Pay; however, fees apply to Bill Pay overnight check deliveries and Popmoney
- Free Mobile Banking
- Monthly itemized statement
- Free check imaging (upon request)
- ATM/Debit card
- Free Midwest Bank checks or $5 discount on other styles
- Free ID theft resolution service (provided by Identity Fraud Inc)
- Low $100 minimum deposit to open
- Limited service area
Easy, Penalty-free Qualifications!
There's never a fee for missing your monthly qualifications. Rather straightforward requirements are your path to a higher rate and unlimited refunds on ATM fees.* To earn your complete rewards, just do the following during each monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least one Direct Deposit post and settle
- Have at least 10 debit card purchases post and settle
- Be enrolled and receive electronic statements
That's it. Plus, your Rewards Checking account is always free. And you always earn at least our base-rate interest, even if you miss a month. Plus, qualify automatically for your first month of rewards when you open your account today!
Check out our current rates.
*Rate and Limitation Information: Earn up to 1.51% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on balances between one penny and $25,000, and 0.20% APY paid on all balances above $25,000 each cycle the requirements are met. *If you do not meet the requirements per cycle, your account will still function as a free checking account earning 0.10% APY; however, it will not receive automatic ATM refunds for that time period. In this instance you may still redeem your ATM refunds by bringing your receipts into any Midwest Bank branch. ATM Fee Refunds up to $5 per item. ATM transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. Rates as of December 4, 2013. We may change the interest rate and APY at any time after the account is opened. Available to Personal Accounts only. Limit one account per Social Security number. No monthly service charge.