Bring home up to a 2.00%^ APY on top of already-free checking. Plus, get reimbursed for your ATM fees, not just in Minnesota — that's nationwide!* Reward Checking puts more of your cash back where it belongs, where you can spend it. Meet easy monthly qualifications and earn real rewards. It's simple. Check out the Rewards Checking Calculator.
Midwest Rewards Checking Details:
- 2.00% APY on balances up to $25,000 if qualifications are met*
- 0.30%^ APY paid on balances above $25,000 depending on balance in account. -if qualifications are met*
- 0.10% APY if qualifications are not met
- Minimum balance to obtain APY is $.01
- Interest compounded monthly and credited monthly
- Automatically rebated domestic ATM fees up to $4.99 with no receipt required* (must meet Rewards Checking qualifications) ATM receipt must be presented for reimbursement of an ATM fee of $5.00
- No monthly service charges
- Free Online Banking & Basic Bill Pay; however, fees may apply to Bill Pay overnight check deliveries and Popmoney
- Free Mobile Banking
- Monthly itemized statement
- Free check imaging (upon request)
- ATM/Debit card
- Free Midwest Bank checks or $5 discount on other styles
- ID Theft Resolution (Provided by your local Midwest Bank office)
- Low $100 minimum deposit to open
Easy, Penalty-free Qualifications!
There's never a fee for missing your monthly qualifications. Rather straightforward qualifications are your path to a higher rate and unlimited refunds on ATM fees.* To earn your complete rewards, just do the following during each monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least one posted Direct Deposit
- Have a minimum of 10 posted debit card purchases
- Be enrolled to receive electronic statements
That's it. Plus, your Rewards Checking account is always free. And you always earn at least our base-rate interest, even if you miss a month. Plus, qualify automatically for your first month of rewards when you open your account today! Each qualification cycle starts on the 4th of each month and ends on the 3rd of the following month.
Check out our current rates.
^Rate and Limitation Information: Earn up to 2.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on balances between one penny and $25,000, and balances over $25,000 earn 0.30% APY on the portion of balance above $25,000 resulting in a range of 2.00% to 0.72% APY depending on the balance. *If you do not meet the qualifications per cycle, your account will still function as a free checking account earning 0.10% APY; however, it will not receive automatic ATM fee refunds for that time period. In this instance you may still receive your ATM fee refunds by bringing your receipts into any Midwest Bank branch. ATM fee refunds up to $5 per item. ATM transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card purchases. Rates as of September 4, 2018. We may change the interest rate and APY at any time after the account is opened. Available to Personal Accounts only. Limit one account per Social Security number. No monthly service charge.