Quicken for Mac 2015-2016 Express Web Connect
As Midwest Bank completes its system conversion, you will need to modify your QuickBooks settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data. Please reference the dates next to each task as this information is time sensitive.
- Quicken Express Web Connect accounts use the same User ID and PIN/Password as Midwest Bank's website.
It is important that you perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your service may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > Search. Search for Backing Up, select Backing up data files, and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest Quicken Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > Search. Search for Updates, select "Check for Updates," and follow the instructions.
Deactivate Your Account(s) at Midwest Bank-MN on or after September 12, 2016
- Select your account under the Accounts list on the left side.
- Choose Accounts menu > Settings.
- Select Troubleshooting > Deactivate Downloads.
- Repeat steps for each account at Midwest Bank.
Reactivate Your Account(s) at Midwest Bank-MN on or after September 19, 2016
Select your account under the Accounts list on the left side.
Choose Accounts menu > Settings.
Select Set up transaction download.
Enter Midwest Bank in the Search field, select the name in the Results list and click Continue.
Enter your User Id and Password and click Continue.
If the bank requires extra information, enter it to continue.
- Select "Express Web Connect" or "Quicken Connect" for the "Connection Type" if prompted.
In the "Accounts Found" screen, ensure you associate each new account to the appropriate account already listed in Quicken. Under the Action column, select "Link" to pick your existing account.
- Do NOT select "ADD" under the action column.