Start earning monthly rewards — and more spending money for good times around the lake country.
- Higher Interest
- Digital Banking
- No Minimum Balance Requirements
- Free checking that pays higher interest
- 2.53% APY on balances up to $25,000*
- 0.30% APY on balances over $25,000 depending on balance in account if qualifications are met*
- 0.10% APY if qualifications are not met*
- Interest compounded and credited monthly
- Automatically rebated domestic ATM fees up to $4.99 with no receipt required if qualifications are met*
- 1¢ minimum daily balance to earn rewards
- No monthly service charges
- Free Midwest Bank checks or $5 discount on other styles
- Monthly itemized statement
- Free check imaging (upon request)
- ID Theft Resolution (provided by your local Midwest Bank office)
- Free online banking services, including***
- ATM & debit card
- $100 minimum deposit to open
There's never a fee for missing your monthly qualifications. Rather straightforward qualifications are your path to a higher rate and unlimited refunds on ATM fees*. To earn your complete rewards, just do the following during each monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least one posted direct deposit
- Have a minimum of 10 posted debit card purchases
- Be enrolled to receive electronic statements and log into online banking a minimum of once every 365 days to maintain an active** online banking account
That's it. Plus, your Rewards Checking account is always free. And you always earn at least our base-rate interest, even if you miss a month. Plus, qualify automatically for your first month of rewards when you open your account today! Each qualification cycle starts on the 4th of each month and ends on the 3rd of the following month.
*Rate and Limitation Information: Earn up to 2.53% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on balances between one penny and $25,000, and balances over $25,000 earn 0.30% APY on the portion of balance above $25,000 resulting in a range of 2.53% to 0.85% APY depending on the balance. If you do not meet the qualifications per cycle, your account will still function as a free checking account earning 0.10% APY; however, it will not receive automatic ATM fee refunds for that time period. In this instance you may still receive your ATM fee refunds by bringing your receipts into any Midwest Bank branch within 60 days of transaction. ATM fee refunds up to $4.99 per item. ATM transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card purchases. Rates as of December 01, 2023. We may change the interest rate and APY at any time after the account is opened. Available to Personal Accounts only. Limit one account per Social Security number. No monthly service charge.
**If an active online banking is not maintained, electronic statements will be disabled and a paper statement will be mailed. Therefore, you will not meet this qualification and will not receive the higher interest rate even if other qualifications have been met.
***Midwest Bank provides online and mobile banking access for free; however, wireless carriers may charge for data usage. Please contact your wireless carrier for information.