QuickBooks Mac Web Connect to Direct Connect
As Midwest Bank completes its system conversion, you will need to modify your QuickBooks settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data. Please reference the dates next to each task as this information is time sensitive.
It is important that you perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your service may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Back Up and follow the instructions.
Download the latest QuickBooks Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Update QuickBooks, then select Update QuickBooks and follow the instructions.
Deactivate Your Account(s) at Midwest Bank-MN on or after September 12, 2016
All transactions must be matched or added to the register prior to deactivating your account(s).
- Choose the Lists menu > Chart of Accounts.
- Select the account you want to deactivate.
- Choose Edit menu > Edit Account.
- In the Edit Account window, click the Online Settings button.
- In the Online Account Information window, choose Not Enabled from the Download Transaction list and click Save.
- Click OK for any dialog boxes that may appear with the deactivation.
- Repeat steps 2 – 6 for each account at Midwest Bank-MN.
Re-activate Your Account(s) at Midwest Bank-MN or Midwest Bank-MN Direct Connect on or after September 19, 2016
Choose Banking menu > Online Banking Setup.
Select Midwest Bank from the Financial Institution list and click Next.
Follow the instructions in the wizard. If prompted for connectivity type, select Direct Connect.
The Online Banking Assistant window displays during setup. Select 'Yes, my account has been activated for QuickBooks online services', then click Next.
Enter credentials and click Sign In.
For each account you wish to download into QuickBooks, click Select an Account to choose the appropriate existing account register.
- Do NOT select "New" under the action column.
Add or match all downloaded transactions in the Downloaded Transactions window.
Repeat steps 1 – 7 for each account at Midwest Bank.